Do you want weight loss without hunger? Or type 2 diabetes reversal and other health benefits? Then it can be a great choice to try a low-carb diet, and this is the perfect place to start. On low carb you can eat all you need to feel satisfied – there’s no calorie counting required.
The HPCSA found no proof that Tim Noakes was guilty of unprofessional conduct for advice he gave to a breastfeeding mother.
Who is Tim Noakes?
Timothy David Noakes (born 1949) is a South African scientist, and an emeritus professor in the Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine at the University of Cape Town. He is also a member of the National Research Foundation of South Africa, who list him as one of their highest-rated members.
People have been debating the natural human diet for thousands of years, often framed as a question of the morality of eating other animals. The lion has no choice, but we do. Take the ancient Greek philosopher Pythagoras, for example: “Oh, how wrong it is for flesh to be made from flesh!”
Slow and steady really does win the race.
Warning: This story contains barf. Maybe a wee bit of cussin’ too. Most of you know I make fun of ridiculous weight loss claims made by people who really suck at math. But as I write these words, my deficit for the last 24 hours is approximately 4,000 calories. At this…
Yvette d’Entremont is known as and writes as Scibabe on Facebook.
The term “wellness” – which seems to encompass everything from yoga to detox teas to crystals – is very hot right now. Earlier this year, New York magazine dedicated an entire, incredulous month to figuring out what wellness was, producing such articles as ” How Algae Went From Horse Food to Wellness Trend” and ” The Real Housewives Guide to Wellness” (Lisa Vanderpump regularly goes to the cryotherapy tank).
Gary Taubes has been uncovering the truth about America’s obesity epidemic for 15 years-but what does he eat to stay lean? For decades, America has tried to fight its obesity epidemic through promoting low-calorie, low-fat diets and exercise as the keys to a lean body. But it hasn’t worked; we’re still getting fatter.
Lack of exercise is more deadly than obesity, according to a study of 334,000 men and women which found that twice as many deaths are attributable to physical inactivity than to obesity. For the study, a European heath commission tracked individuals for an average of twelve years, measuring height, weight and waist circumference, and used self-assessment to measure levels of physical activity.
As part of my never ending war against bullshit and pseudoscience (How many people do you know who have a psychosomatic allergy to gluten?) here is a good overview look at the nonsense in the anti-gluten craze.
- A Low-Carb Diet for Beginners | DietDoctor.com April 23, 2017
- WATCH: Noakes verdict No proof of unprofessional conduct April 21, 2017
- The “True” Human Diet – Scientific American Blog Network April 17, 2017
- Is Salt Actually Bad for You? | Today I Found Out April 12, 2017
- How to Lose a Pound a Day | Body for Wife April 7, 2017
- Bike Maintenance: Tune-Up | Bicycling December 28, 2015
- The Easiest Way to Lose 125 Pounds Is to Gain 175 Pounds — Medium January 19, 2016
- How I lost 150 pounds in one year » AaronGleeman.com » Aaron Gleeman’s Baseball and Minnesota Twins Blog January 19, 2016
- 36 Pictures To See Which Muscle You’re Stretching – Be Young Be Green January 20, 2016
- From Murakami to Oates, Why Does Running Appeal to Writers? – The Atlantic January 20, 2016