As part of my never ending war against bullshit and pseudoscience (How many people do you know who have a psychosomatic allergy to gluten?) here is a good overview look at the nonsense in the anti-gluten craze.
The abbreviated form for ‘low carb, high fat’ was coined in Sweden of all places. In English! It’s emphasis on fats rather than proteins is a deliberate prompt in which direction to move when you…
It is something of a cliché among runners, how the activity never fails to clear your head. Does some creative block have you feeling stuck? Go for a run. Are you deliberating between one of two potentially life-altering decisions? Go for a run. Are you feeling mildly mad, sad, or even just vaguely meh?
A large scientific review study shows that curcumin in turmeric has no medicinal properties — Quartz
If you like the floor turmeric imparts on the food you cook use. If your reasoning is its supposed health benefits your thinking is in error.
Turmeric has done the full circle: from ancient remedy to hipster Western drink. Even today, Indians readily apply it on fresh wounds, chicken-pox scabs, and insect bites. Medical professionals prescribe it for urological diseases, worm infections, and even cancer. Such has been the hype that the yellow-golden spice is widely touted as a validation of traditional medicine….
The American College of Physicians now recommends heat therapy and yoga ahead of pain meds for lower back pain.
Every health blogger has an opinion on vaccination, GMOs and the latest food scare. Take Vani Hari, a.k.a. Food Babe, a management consultant turned popular food industry critic who’s been called the ” Jenny McCarthy of Food.”
- Sat, Mar 25, 2017 | 12-11 PM March 25, 2017
- Gluten free diet: The science (CBC Marketplace) March 24, 2017
- A Look at The DASH Diet 20 Years Later Healthcare Triage | Healthcare Triage March 24, 2017
- LCHF. Who started it? – Fat is our friend. really! March 21, 2017
- Why Running Helps Clear Your Mind — Science of Us March 15, 2017
- How To Start a LCHF Lifestyle | Dr. Sarah Hallberg December 20, 2015
- Four common myths about exercise and weight loss | TheConversation.com January 14, 2016
- Why (almost) everything you know about food is wrong – Vox January 14, 2016
- This One Condiment Instantly Improves Your Diet | TIME January 14, 2016
- Why salad is so overrated – The Washington Post January 16, 2016