- Shopping Low Carb: Whole Foods, Supermarket, Trader Joe’s, and Amazon Subscribe and Save | Low Carb Confidential
Shopping low carb – at least the way that I do it, can be a pain in the ass. The reasons for this are:
- The conventional supermarket has the most variety and the best prices generally, but the specific items I’m looking for are either unavailable or at a higher price
- The specialty markets (ie: Whole Foods) have more of the items I am looking for and the prices are comparable or better than they would be at the conventional supermarket – the problems is that the rest of their stuff is immorally overpriced
- The ‘value specialty markets’ (ie: Trader Joe’s) provide an eclectic selection that ranges from treasures to junk
- Some things are only available mail order – or only economical mail order
What this means is that I have become used to buying food at 5 different stores.
A pain in the ass – see what I mean?
Let’s take a tour. (read the complete article…)
- What You Should Know About Pork Production Claims | Mark’s Daily Apple