Articles on High Intensity Interval Excercise (HIIT)…
- Conditioning Research: Another win for brief intense exercise.
One hard 4 minute session seems to have effects similar to 4 x 4minute sessions. The whole study is available and worth looking through:
Low- and High-Volume of Intensive Endurance Training Significantly Improves Maximal Oxygen Uptake after 10-Weeks of Training in Healthy Men
Our study demonstrated that slightly overweight and healthy individuals only required brief, duration bouts of exercise with good effort three times a week, to produce large increases in VO2max and work economy and reduce blood pressure and fasting glucose levels. Additional studies to examine both adaptations at the molecular level and feasibility for public health appear warranted.
There is a further write up here.
- Low Carb Diet News – Twelve Minutes’ Exercise Per Week ‘Enough To Improve Health’ If You Do It The Right Way… – Low Carb Diet News
- Even short bouts of high intensity training improve fitness in inactive men | Science Codex
- Get fit in 7 mins with high-intensity interval training workouts | Deccan Chronicle
- Michelle Bridges | fitness | high intensity interval training
- It’s A HIIT. Or Is It? – Competitor.com
- A 10-Minute HIIT Workout You Can Do Anywhere – Health News and Views – Health.com
- Dr. Wilson’s Fabulous, Incredible, Remarkable, Stupendous, Out-of-this World Weight Loss Diet | The CARB Syndrome Project
- Another good recipe for Kale Chips to try: Kale Chips | Maria’s Nutritious and Delicious Journal found via: SPLENDID LOW-CARBING BY JENNIFER ELOFF: Kale Chips